Summer Vacations I Haven’t Done Yet
I was talking with a co-worker who is planning a vacation with her new husband. They are thinking Boston. Boston is perennially on my list of possibilities for Summer Vacations, but never quite makes the cut. This year, I went to Disney with family. That has happened a non-zero number of times. And I always want to go back to New Orleans.
Over the last few years, I have crossed a few off the list. South Dakota. Toronto. My employer sent me to Seattle three times, so I got over that.
But there are so many, many places I haven’t been. And so many, many excuses. Here’s my Top Ten (after Boston, I mean):
- Yellowstone – I don’t even know how to get there. And do they have wi-fi?
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary – You have to fly to Vegas and then drive five hours.
- Alaskan cruise – There are only about five good weeks to go and demand is high. $$$$
- Gulf coast – Every time I think about it, I get distracted by the bright shiny object called New Orleans.
- European tour – I’m waiting for the dollar to come back. Stop laughing.
- Grand Canyon – If I am going to head in that direction, Best Friends comes first.
- Mackinac – I live in Chicago. I can always go to Mackinac.
- Civil War road trip – Seriously, gotta narrow that one down.
- Oregon – if I am heading in that direction, I might as well go to Alaska.
- Ozarks – If I went to the Ozarks before New England, the Rotondi sisters might kill me.
My winter 2012 vacation is booked. But I’d better hang on to this for next summer.