Year End Whatever
I waited too long to do a proper reflection on 2010. My head is already back at work. I have two days in the office before I leave for our Annual Meeting. After that I have four weeks in the office before my official Winter Vacation, which has been booked since August.
There is a lot that I want to accomplish this year. I have goals up to my ears at work. Here is some of the rest:
- At the Refuge, we have all agreed that we need to start organized fundraising efforts. I spent a few hours researching grants that might be available. Of course, I’ll have to learn how to write them.
- At the Library, we have talked a lot about how to keep all of the volunteers better informed. It is really hard to keep everyone on the same page when we are all working one-at-a-time. I owe our director an e-mail on the instructions regarding onsite sales of Amazon listed books.
- I mentioned that I am beginning to contribute blankets to Project Linus. I am not sure how active I can be in the local chapter, but I think I am halfway through my second contribution.
- I was disappointed that I only made it to 50 Books read in 2010. However, it seems to be a reachable goal, so I’d better stick with it. I will commit to reading every book that my Book Club selects, even if I am not able to attend the meetings.
- I am not going to commit to visiting any place new in 2011. The winter vacation is a repeat, and unless I have a much better idea, I think I want to go back to New Orleans this year.
That’s all I got. Have a great week.