I went to my first Project Linus event this morning. Table after table of ladies (one or two guys and a couple of kids) creating, assembling and perfecting blankets for kids who are sick or otherwise in need. Four hours later, I believe the number of completed blankets was 760 (which is so many that I think I must have heard wrong), included those that were completed at home and brought in for the event.
The crowd was very encouraging for a newbie like me. I picked up a couple of ideas and tips and rather more confidence in my goofy stitches. I finished one project today (that is now in the washer) and got a good start on another. But now I really have to finish Bonk for book club tomorrow.